Mon01042016

Last update07:36:08 PM

Back Forum Tatorte Shanksville United Airlines 93 Dekonstruktion von Todd Beamers "Let's roll"-Anruf
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Dekonstruktion von Todd Beamers "Let's roll"-Anruf

Dekonstruktion von Todd Beamers "Let's roll"-Anruf 06 Apr 2011 20:39 #1863

• John Doe II
  • Junior Boarder
« Let’s Roll ! » : Let’s deconstruct a phone call !
Besides the phone call of Jeremy Glick (starting at 9:37) and the four calls of Tom Burnett (9:27, 9:34, 9:45 and 9:54) the call of Todd Beamer is the longest and most important phone call from UA 93. Due to several interviews with Lisa Jefferson who talked to Beamer this call is reported very detailed.
Besides that this call with Beamer’s famous last words “Let’s Roll” is the basis four the story of the heroic efforts of the passengers who sacrificed their lives and prevented the plane from hitting its intended target.
It first appeared in the news on September 16, 2001:
“The phone call, first reported yesterday by the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, offers the most detailed evidence yet of the passenger revolt aboard Flight 93”.
(Washington Post, 9/17/01)

What is surprising while analysing numerous different accounts of the call and interviews of Jefferson and Beamer’s wife is that there is basically not a single sentence of the call that is not in dispute. Worse many details stand in strong conflict with other phone calls, and/or the official story. And some simply make no sense at all. Even the famous last words “Let’s Roll” are in dispute.

Some facts about this call first:
It was recorded.
(Pittsburgh Post-Gazette 9/19/01)

The FBI was on another line offering guidance.
(NBC, 9/21/01, 9 pm)
This by the way will also imply the important question what guidance they actually offered. Beamer’s call doesn’t contain a single hint that the FBI in whatever way tried to actually guide Beamer.

The FBI requested not to divulge Beamer's call, even to Beamer's wife, until late Friday (September 14).
(Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, 9/19/01)

Todd Beamer pushed “0” on the airfone. He reached Phyllis Johnson (the name was only revealed on September 22). Here is the first contradiction. In one account her supervisor Lisa Jefferson just passes by and sees Johnson traumatized (NBC, 9/21/01, 9 pm. Interview with Jefferson) or Johnson turned the call over to Jefferson (PPG 9/22/01. Based apparently on an interview with Jefferson)
[/b]
I. A short chronology of Beamer’s call entering the news [/b]

September 16 : Beamer’s phone call is reported for the first time in “Pittsburgh Post Gazette”.
« Let’s roll » hits the news. Liza Beamer was called by Jefferson and recalled it to the press. But Jefferson declined to comment.

September 17 GTE faxes a summary of the phone call (apparently written by Jefferson)

September 18: First interview with Liza Beamer.

September 21 Jefferson for the first time in public.

II. What was said during the call?

Identification of the alleged hijackers:

“He told Jefferson there were three hijackers, armed with knives. He did not know their nationalities or their intentions.
(Scripps Howard News Service, 9/16/01)
(NBC, 9/18/01)

Comment: The wording doesn’t make clear if Jefferson asked for the nationality (keep in mind the FBI was offering guidance) or not.

Arms of the alleged hijacker:

"Todd told me that there were three people ... on the flight hijacking the plane, two with knives and one with a bomb strapped around his waist with a red belt," Jefferson wrote.
(Sun-Sentinel, 9/17/01)
(Scripps Howard News Service, 9/16/01) (NBC, 9/18/01) (Herald Sun, 9/18/01)
(NBC, 9/21/01, 9 pm) (ABC, 9/21/01 11 :35 pm) (PPG 9/22/01)

Man with bomb:
“One had a bomb strapped around his waist with a red belt.”
(ABC, 9/21/01 11 :35 pm)
(Washington Post, 9/17/01) (Herald Sun, 9/18/01) (Scripps Howard News Service, 9/16/01)

Comment: This seems to be very obvious thing to see. And one would expect all passengers to have seen it. But the only other phone calls that mentions this come from Jeremy Glick and Linda Grolund.
Mark Bingham reports that the hijackers say to have a bomb.
But this “say to have a bomb” can very easily be the result of the 9:32 message “Ladies and Gentlemen: Here the captain, please sit down keep remaining sitting. We have a bomb on board. So, sit.” (CR, 12).
Tom Burnett explicitly says in his third call to his wife Deena (9:45 exactly the same time as Beamer) that he doesn’t believe the hijackers have a bomb and are just making it up.

Was a passenger stabbed?

Generally it is accepted fact that passenger Mark Rothenberg was stabbed by the alleged hijackers. At 9:27 (18 minutes before Beamer called) Tom Burnett phones his wife Deena for the first time. «The plane has been hijacked. They already knifed a guy.» (Among the Heroes, p. 150).
The stabbing obviously happened before the alleged hijackers entered the cockpit.

Comment: What is surprising is that Todd Beamer (row 10) doesn’t mention this stabbing which happened just next to him (Rothenberg was seated 5B) with a single word.

Who went into the cockpit?

Here Beamer’s account is clear again.
“Two of the hijackers were in the cockpit with the door locked behind them.”
(NBC, 9/18/01) (NBC, 9/21/01, 9 pm) (ABC, 9/21/01 11 :35 pm)

Comment: Only small bizarre detail: How can he know that they locked the door behind them?

Reseating of passengers:

Here comes the first point of strong contradiction in the accounts of this phone call.
Please keep in mind that UA 93 took off that 10 passengers were seated first class and 27 in coach. (Among the Heroes, p. xvi)

The first report was:
“The hijackers had forced 27 of them into the first-class compartment near the front.
Beamer, nine other passengers and five flight attendants were ordered to sit on the floor in the rear of the plane.”

This is also stated by somebody who heard the recording of the call:
“Nine other passengers and five flight attendants had been herded to the back of the plane, said Beamer's friend Doug MacMillan, who heard a transcript of the call.”
sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2001/09/17/MN40630.DTL

And Liza Beamer says: “He was in the back of the plane with 27 others, and he was sitting next to a flight attendant”.
(CNN, 9/18/01)

Comment: This means that the alleged hijackers insisted that 10 passengers from first class went to the rear of the plane and the 27 passengers from coach came to the front?? Why this? What for? Does this make any sense? And why then does Burnett apparently stay in the front of the plane with Mark Bingham (both had first class seats)?

In Jefferson’s written account the story is exactly the opposite:
“In her account, Jefferson wrote that Beamer told her the hijackers divided passengers into two groups: 10 in front and 27 in back. Five flight attendants appeared to be with the smaller group.”
(Sun-Sentinel, 9/17/01)

Comment: This again is strange. There is nothing to divide this is the exact order the passengers are sitting already!

Question:
So what’s going on here?
In fact the Beamer call seems to be the only one that mentions the order of the hijackers to change seats. No other phone call mentions this.

Strange Lisa Jefferson herself does mention in her interviews where Beamer was seated during their call: in the back. But with no word she mentions that the hijacker asked the passengers to change seats. She only says:
“Ms. JEFFERSON: They had ordered everyone to sit down because the flight attendants were standing. One just happened to sit next to him.
PHILLIPS: So he was in a passenger seat?
Ms. JEFFERSON: Yes, in the back of the plane. “
(NBC, 9/21/01, 9 pm)

Jefferson explains also why a stewardess was sitting next to him. Not due to a decision of the hijackers to split the group but for a very simple one:
“the hijackers had asked everyone to take a seat because the flight attendants were standing. Just so happened a flight attendant was sitting next to him”

Comment: The problem with all this is that Beamer had a ticket for the tenth row. So he was in first class. If he phoned from the back of the plane (and as we will see several things will indicate that he must have been in the back) then he must have changed seats. But again: Nowhere is this explicitly stated in first hand accounts of his call. Nor does any other phone call mention it. And it remains in question if he was with the bigger or the smaller group.
But any regrouping of the passengers seems to me to lack any minimum of logic.

The closed curtain:

Here is another detail that is only mentioned in Beamer’s call:
“And the hijacker with the bomb pulled the curtain, too, in First Class so they couldn't see what was going on.”
(NBC, 9/21/01, 9 pm)

In fact this is supposed to have happened during Beamer’s call!
“After he explained that to me, the guy with the bomb pulled the curtain to First Class, so they couldn't see what was going on in First Class.”
(ABC, 9/21/01 11:35 pm)

In fact according to Beamer the alleged hijacker with a bomb was in the back of the plane guarding the passengers.
(Scripps Howard News Service, 9/16/01) (Washington Post, 9/17/01)

He never mentions that he left.
Comment: Now this is rather strange. Nobody else mentions the presence of the guarding hijacker. Is it really believable that he would allow all the phone calls to take place? Glick phoned since 9:37 and Beamer since 9:45? Would he allow the discussions going on in the group around Glick who took a vote? Would he allow Sandra Brandshaw to boil water? While Glick doesn’t consider any hijacker with a bomb as their first obstacle the accounts of Beamer do:

“Ms. JEFFERSON: From that point, he said he's going to have to go out on faith because they're talking about jumping the guy with the bomb.”
(NBC, 9/22/01)
(Washington Post 9/17/01) (Scripp Howard News Service, 9/16/01)

But is this really believable? Keep also in mind that according to the CVR the hijackers in the cockpit decided around 9:47 to let the guys in (Among the Heroes, p. 291). People listening on the open phones to the ongoing attack never recalled with any word a nearby fight. So: Many reasons to doubt that a guarding hijacker was there.

Jeremy Glick:

“Beamer mentioned Glick by his first name in the call to Jefferson, Lisa Beamer said.”
(NBC, 9/18/01)
They were seated close to each other at the take off and apparently also during the phone calls. That they knew each other is especially important as it gives the possibility of comparing the two calls.

What happened to the pilots:

Jeremy Glick answered the question of his wife if the pilots were alive with “I don’t know” (Among the Heroes, 216). This make sense as he can’t look inside the cockpit. But it makes no sense in view of what Todd Beamer has to say about the pilots.
While in the first accounts of the call Beamer is vague:
“He did not know the whereabouts of the pilot, copilot and the remaining passenger. He said a flight attendant had told him the pilot and copilot had been forced from the cockpit and may have been wounded.”

“He said two people were hurt -- the pilot and co-pilot, according to Lisa Beamer. He was ‘not sure if they were dead or alive,’ Jefferson wrote.”
(Sun-Sentinel, 9/17/01)

Later accounts based on interviews are very clear:
“But he did see two people that were on the floor. He couldn't tell if they were dead or alive. The flight attendant told him that she's pretty sure it was the pilot and the co-pilot.”
(NBC, 9/21/01, 9 pm)

“He can see in the front of the plane where two people were down on the floor.”
(Pittsburgh Post-Gazette 9/22/01)

Comment: Again: Is this believable? While Beamer didn’t notice the stabbing of a passenger he now notices something nobody else noticed in his calls although it should have been very important for the passengers: that the pilots are dead. And why especially did Tom Burnett who was supposed to be in first class not mention with a single word that two pilots were lying on the ground next to him although he called his wife four times? Burnett even explicitly told his wife that he tried to save the passenger but couldn’t find his pulse. So he was really in a position to have known. The claim that two people are lying on the ground and that theses are the pilot and the co-pilot should really have been noticed by more passengers than only Beamers. The same goes for the logical fact that at one moment before the cockpit door opened and the alleged hijackers carried the pilot and the co-pilot into the section of the passengers. Why did nobody witness this?
And if Beamer was that saw the pilot and the co-pilot on the floor doesn’t this make even more unbelievable that he didn’t try to figure out if there is any pilot among the passengers? But he doesn’t mentioned Donald Greene. No phone call does mention Donald Greene who had a pilot licence. [ /i]

Did Jefferson tell Beamer of other hijackings?

Here we come to a central contradiction in the accounts.
In the first accounts of the phone call it is very clear:
“Jefferson told him about the other hijackings.”
And the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette precises (two days after Jefferson’s written account had been passed to the press):
“Jefferson, a supervisor at GTE, got on the line and talked with Beamer for 13 minutes, telling him about other hijackings that had ended in crashes at the World Trade Center in New York.”

Yet, Jefferson herself recounts it completely differently:
“Ms. JEFFERSON: He asked me, did I know what they wanted? Did they want money, ransom or what? I told him I really didn't know. I didn't have a clue what they wanted.
PHILLIPS: Did you tell him about the other hijackings of the other planes?
Ms. JEFFERSON: No. No, I didn't.
PHILLIPS: Do you think he was aware of that?
Ms. JEFFERSON: Not at the time, he was not. That's why he asked me, what did they want, was it money or ransom? He didn't know, he was confused. And I didn't tell him because I didn't want him to get upset, excited or lose control. And I still felt that they had hope.”
(NBC, 9/21/01, 9 pm)
(CBS, 9/21/01, 8 pm)

But the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette ( explicitly based on Jefferson’s own words ) remain:
“She told Beamer about the two planes crashing in New York.”

Comment: While this already raises eyebrows and might not easily be put away with the standard answer: “journalistic inaccuracy” we shall just assume that Jefferson speaks the truth in her interview.
Apparently at the beginning of the call Beamer considers this as a normal hijack wondering if the hijackers want money and he doesn’t know their intentions. At no point Jefferson mentions in her interviews nor any media account that Beamer figures out that this is a suicide mission. So the crucial part of understanding the situation (and certainly he would have had some questions to ask Jefferson about it, wouldn’t he?) is nowhere shown with a single word. (Only Liza Beamer wonders: “It seemed like after a while he realized, either from information from other passengers or because the plane started flying more erratically, that this was not going to end well.”
(NBC, 9/18/01) yet this is not first hand nor is it a statement but an assumption)
Nor does even any account show that Beamer talked to his neighbours.
Why doesn’t Beamer ask Jefferson questions about what’s going on? Why doesn’t he do what eg Glick and Burnett did: Figure out what’s going on?
So, then why does Beamer decide to risk his life?
Last but not least: Is it believable that the FBI who has been on another line guiding Jefferson really accepted that she would let Beamer in the dark? Wouldn’t they have tried to do everything possible to ensure that the passengers might manage a counterattack? But this also points to the general question: In many phone calls from UA 93 the FBI was listening in, yet not in a single case can I see only a hint of any form of help offered by the FBI.

Beamer’s estimation of the situation:

Beamer is very clear about his own chance:
"I know we're not going to make it out of here,"
(Sun-Sentinel, 9/17/01)
(Washington Post, 9/17/01) (CNN 9/18/01)

Comment: Now, this is pretty surprising if you consider that he hadn’t heard anything about other planes already crashing into WTC.

Beamer’s remarks about the flight path:

Lisa Jefferson recalled Beamer’s words:
“He said, 'We're going down! We're going down! No, we're coming back up!' Wait, we're turning around, we're going back north. I think we're going north. At this point I don't know where we're going, I really don't know.'”
(NBC, 9/21/01, 9 pm) (PPG 9/22/01)

And Jefferson recalls having heard shouts and screams at that moment of panic:
“You can hear screams and commotion. You can hear--I could hear the flight attendant next to him screaming. And I could hear men, their voices were raised, and there was just a lot of commotion going on. Todd kept his same calm voice that he was speaking to me in.”
(NBC, 9/21/01, 9 pm)

The press had a simple explanation for this:
“Toward the end of his conversation with Jefferson, Beamer said the plane appeared to have changed directions a few times. Later, it would be determined that it had flown west from Newark to near Cleveland, then turned back to the southeast toward Pittsburgh.
Beamer became anxious. ‘Oh! We're going down!’ he shouted at one point. He paused, then said in a calmer voice, ‘No, we're OK. I think we're turning around.’”

Comment: Unfortunately this explanation is impossible because this turn before Cleveland happened almost ten minutes BEFORE Beamer phoned Jefferson.
And there is a sudden drop of UA 93 officially noticed but it happened at 9:28 almost half an hour before Beamer’s remark:
“The hijackers attacked at 9:28. While travelling 35,000 feet above eastern Ohio, United 93 suddenly dropped 700 feet.”
(Commission Report)

Question: How come that Beamer clearly remarked something that no other passenger noticed (at that time)? How come that Jefferson heard screams that neither were witnessed in the calls of Jeremy Glick and Todd Beamer which happened at the same time? And how come that no flight path of UA 93 shows the sudden turn Beamer is talking about? And how come no other passenger noticed this turn (Burnett noticed clearly a turn but it was the turn at 9:34 before Cleveland)? And why does Stacey Taylor who watched the flight not mention this turn in her interview on NBC on 9/11/02?

Naming his wife and the moment of prayer:

The moment differs in two accounts of Jefferson herself:
“PHILLIPS: Did he tell you her name?
Ms. JEFFERSON: Well, what happened after that, the plane had taken another dive down. It was just flying a little bit erratic. And he made another outburst. You could tell in his voice that he was very nervous, but he was calm. And he just made a holler, 'Oh God.' Then he said, 'Lisa.' And I had not given him my name because I introduced myself as Mrs. Jefferson, and I responded by saying, 'Yes.' And he said, 'Oh, that's my wife's name.' And I told him, 'Oh, that's my name too, Todd.' And he said, 'Oh, my God.' So then he asked me if he didn't make it would I just keep that promise and phone his wife and let them know how much he loved his family very much.”
(NBC, 9/21/01)

“The plane is going down. At this point he raised his voice. He said, 'We're going down! We're going down! No, we're coming back up!' Wait, we're turning around, we're going back north. I think we're going north. At this point I don't know where we're going, I really don't know.'
He told me at that point that if he didn't make it, would I please make a phone call and call his wife and his family and let them know that he loved them very much. He told me he had two boys, David and Andrew. I asked him then his name, and he told me Todd Beamer of Cranberry, New Jersey. He told me his wife's name was Lisa. I told him that was my name also. And he said, 'Oh, my God.' So then he said that--would I say The Lord's Prayer with him, and he recited The Lord's Prayer from top to bottom. Then he said, ‘Lisa.’ He thought he had lost me. And I said, ‘I'm still here, Todd. I'm not gone. I'm not going anywhere. I'll be here as long as you are.’”
(ABC, 9/21/01)

Comment: The moment Beamer talks about his wife is different although theses interviews have been made within a few hours only. In the NBC interview Beamer cries in fear the name of this wife. In the second he cries and then talks of his kids and Jefferson asks the name of his wife.
Moreover what happened after this differ in theses two interviews. In the NBC one he asks Jefferson to phone his family and in the ABC interview he asks her to pray with him.

Praying together:

This point of the conversation is rather coherent in its description.
While in the very first account of his call they only recited the 23rd Psalm. (Scripps Howard News Service, 9/16/01) in all other accounts it was the Lord’s prayer.

Discussing what to do:
Another issue is curiously left out in all accounts of the call. This issue is directly connected that at no point Beamer is told that this is a suicide mission nor does he asks Jefferson any question that indicates he is aware of it (remember that at the beginning he wonders if the hijackers wants money. At that point obviously he doesn’t consider it a suicide mission): Nowhere any account indicates that Beamer actually discusses a plan with his neighbours. What’s more after being afraid because of the movements of the plane he prays with Jefferson and then apparently decides to start the attack:
No moment of understanding it’s a suicide mission.
No moment of realizing they have to do something.
No questioning of Jefferson who should know more about what’s going on as she of course is in direct contact with the external world.
No moment of discussing with others if they should do something.
No moment of discussing with other what they should do.

As a small side note (with no personal judgement of Beamer but just to demonstrate how the creation of a legend works that comes in very handy as a nice slogan for a war): While Glick and Burnett are obviously centers of the passenger’s assault the role of Beamer (even putting all above mentioned questions aside) is not at all active. The judgement that he was the center is based entirely on the famous “Let’s Roll”. But reading Jefferson’s account the fact that Beamer was active is let’s say open to interpretation:
“Ms. JEFFERSON: (Voiceover) And I feel that Todd played a great role in that because when he told the guys, 'Are you ready?' I assume that they were waiting on his cue. Then they responded to him, and he said, 'OK, let's roll.'”
(CBS, 9/21/01)

“Let’s Roll” or not “Let’s Roll”?

The first account of the end of this call that turned out to become a slogan for war:
“He got Jefferson to promise that she would call his family, then dropped the phone, leaving the line open.
That's when Jefferson heard what Lisa Beamer believes were her husband's last words: ‘Let's roll.’”

Comment: “Jefferson heard what Lisa Beamer believes” is a strange wording. Also note that: “Are you ready guys?” is missing.

The next day the missing phrase appears as well
“’’Are you guys ready?’ the operator heard before the connection was lost. ‘Let's roll!’”
(Sun-Sentinel, 9/17/01)
(Washington Post, 9/17/01) (NBC, 9/18/01) (Herald Sun, 9/18/01) (CNN 9/18/01)

Keep in mind that so far the very person who talked to Beamer hasn’t expressed her own account of the call herself. On September 21 she did.
“After that, he had a sigh in his voice, he took a deep breath. He was still holding the phone, but he was not talking to me. He was talking to someone else, and I could tell that he had turned away from the phone to talk to someone else. And he said, ‘You ready? OK, let's roll.'”
(NBC, 9/21/01, 9 pm)
(CBS, 9/21/01, 8 pm) (ABC, 9/21/01 11 :35 pm)

Theses interviews were aired from 8 pm on September 21.
On September 22 Pittsburgh Post-Gazette publishes an article apparently based on Jefferson’s own account she gave “yesterday”. And here we find a different story:
“She heard Beamer saying, ‘God help me. Jesus help me.’ He addressed his cohorts, still calm, saying, ‘Are you ready? OK,’ Jefferson said. She did not complete the phrase that Lisa Beamer relayed in an earlier interview with the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette in which she quoted her husband using a family catch phrase: "Are you guys ready? Let's roll!"
"That's the last I heard from Todd Beamer," Jefferson said.
"The line was still open, but it was silent."

Question:
How could Jefferson forget about theses famous words if they actually happened? Isn’t this contradiction very odd given the fact that the interviews to Pittsburgh Post-Gazette and the TV channels must have been within a few hours?

What did Jefferson hear after Beamer left the phone:

“Then there was silence.”

Then the story changes:
“There were screams, she said. She said there was a lot of commotion and there were screams. And she said she stayed on the line, and it became silent then.”
(NBC, 9/18/01)
(CNN 9/18/01) (Washington Post, 9/17/01)

“PHILLIPS: Moments later: screams, commotion.
Ms. JEFFERSON: Then it went silent.”
(NBC, 9/21/01, 9 pm)

Comment: It is important to note that even after the story changed Jefferson’s account differs heavily from Richard Makely who was listening to the phone after Jeremy Glick went to attack the cockpit. He hears screams, then silence and then screams again before he heard nothing anymore. But the second wave of commotions is nowhere recalled in Jefferson’s accounts.
Neither does her account talk of what family members heard on the Cockpit Voice Recorder and what Lorne Lyles recalled at the end of his call with his wife CeeCee Lyles: the sound of wind.

The end of the call:
Here comes the next huge contradiction within the accounts of Beamer’s call.
In the first account Jefferson hung up:
“Jefferson hung up at 10 a.m. EST, realizing that the plane had gone down. Officials said it crashed at 9:58 a.m.”

Then the connection was lost (based on a faxed summary of Verizon!):
“Beamer then said, ‘Let's roll,’ and Jefferson could hear chaos in the cabin until, minutes later, the line went dead.”
(Sun-Sentinel, 9/17/01)

But then the description of the call changed completely:
“But she stayed on until she had heard that the plane had crashed about 10 minutes later.”
(NBC, 9/18/01)
(CNN 9/18/01)

“I didn't hear anything else from him. I kept the phone line open for about 15 minutes, hoping he would come back to the phone. I was calling his name. He never came back to the phone. About 10 minutes later, we had heard that the plane had crashed in Pittsburgh, and I knew that was his plane. It was United Flight 93.”
(NBC, 9/21/01, 9 pm)

Question:
So what did Jefferson do? And why theses huge contradictions? The fact that what Jefferson claims to have heard differs a lot from other accounts doesn’t help to convince that she stayed at the phone.

IV. When did Jefferson talk to Beamer’s wife and who called?

Even the general basics of this are in question although this might be based on several journalistic errors. But strange nonetheless.

Accounts have Jefferson calling Liza Beamer on Friday:
“On Friday, Lisa Beamer finally spoke with Jefferson.”

“On Friday evening, three days after terrorist hijackings that crashed four passenger jets and killed thousands, Jefferson, with the FBI's approval, made a phone call that lifted her spirits and those of the Todd Beamer family.”
“That is when Jefferson was allowed to keep her pledge to call Lisa Beamer”

And also this interview with Jefferson implies this version:
“PHILLIPS: Four days after that phone call from Todd Beamer, Lisa, a wife and mother of two, got a phone call she had been waiting for.
Ms. JEFFERSON: And I told her the message that he wanted me to give her and her family is that he loved them very much.”
(NBC, 9/21/01, 9 pm)

But Liza Beamer herself states things differently:
“I received a correspondence from GTE Airphone that one of their operators spoke to Todd during the hijacking. And then he gave me her phone number which he included. And on Saturday morning I called her at her home.”
(NBC, 9/18/01)

and she also says:
“I did speak to her on the phone on Saturday morning. I got this information that the call had been made on Friday night, and I was able to speak to Lisa and get all the details on Saturday morning.”
(CNN 9/18/01)

Only in the interview with CBS Jefferson is clear about this:
“Ms. JEFFERSON: She called me last Saturday morning.”
(CBS, 9/21/01, 8 pm)

Apparently this might be indeed what happened:
“Last Friday, someone from United Airlines told Lisa Beamer about her husband's call. On Saturday morning, Mrs. Beamer called Jefferson at her Chicago home and heard the news that lifted her spirits.”
(Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, 9/22/01)

Conclusion:

Beamer’s phone call is a central to what happened aboard UA 93. Yet it is extremely surprising that there is basically not a single sentence without contradicting other accounts of the call a few days before or later, without contradicting ALL other phone calls made from UA 93, without coming into conflict with the official story and without coming into conflict with simple logic.
As the problems are innumerous it is difficult not to have the feeling that this phone call simply never happened and is a pure invention. For everybody who is offended by this conclusion I can only say:
The contradictions are presented: Explain them!

Used sources:
Sources that aren’t online were found on Lexis-Nexis.

Scripp Howard News Service, 9/16/01 is
www.post-gazette.com/headlines/20010916phonecallnat3p3.asp

Sun-Sentinel, 9/17/01 not online.
For the only quote I used you can also take:
www.leadertelegram.com/specialreports/at...torydetail.asp?ID=58
www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/...mantoll-beamer.story

Washington Post, 9/17/01 is
www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn?pagena...tId=A41095-2001Sep16

NBC, 9/18/01 the transcript is not online
Herald Sun, 9/18/01 is not online
CNN, 9/18/01 is
transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0109/18/lkl.00.html
Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, 9/19/01 is
www.post-gazette.com/headlines/20010919gtenatp3.asp
NBC, 9/21/01 is not online
NBC, 9/22/01 is not online
CBS, 9/21/01 is not online
Pittsburgh Posy-Gazette, 9/22/01 is
www.post-gazette.com/headlines/20010922gtenat4p4.asp

Special thanks to Team 8+ for all the help and input.
Special thanks as well to Astro3 who had many groundbreaking ideas on this issue.
His homepage is nineeleven.co.uk/
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Dekonstruktion von Todd Beamers "Let's roll"-Anruf 29 May 2013 17:46 #2908

• Bombjack
  • Administrator
  • null
  • Thank you received: 30
Hier ist die Handyrechnung von Todd Beamer...

Interessant:

- Mehrere Calls wurden nach dem Absturz von UA93 geführt
- Ein Call wir über den Absturzzeitpunkt als aktiv weitergeführt

Quelle:
intelfiles.egoplex.com/2001-09-29-FBI-phone-records.pdf
Ein ernüchternder Gedanke, daß man zur Strafverfolgung eines Ladendiebs bessere Beweise braucht als dazu, einen Weltkrieg anzufangen. Anthony Scrivener
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.234 seconds